SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENT OF CHRONIC STOMACHACHE IN CHILDREN
Signs and symptoms
To pinpoint its cause, recurrent abdominal pain must be associated with other symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, blood or mucus in the stools, fever, and failure to gain weight, painful urination, ingesting inedible substances (pica), or anaemia. Also important is the pattern of the pain – where it is, when it occurs, how long it lasts.
In general, recurrent abdominal pain that is accompanied by no other symptoms or has no set pattern is probably not serious.
If constipation is the cause of the pain, correct it by changing your child’s diet or using a glycerin suppository. If milk seems to be the cause, eliminate milk and milk products from the diet for one or two weeks; then add milk to the diet again and observe the effects. If emotional stress is responsible, try to eliminate the stress. Most important, note and record the pattern of recurrent abdominal pain and any other symptoms that occur before consulting your doctor.
• Recurrent abdominal pain due to emotional stress is real and requires treatment just as much as pain due to an identifiable physical condition.
• Do not try to relieve stomach pain by giving laxatives or placing ice on the stomach.
Your doctor will take a careful history of your child’s recent health and perform a complete physical examination. Frequently the doctor will order urine, stool, and blood tests. If the cause of the pain still is not clear, X rays of the stomach, large and small bowels, and the urinary tract may be required. If X rays provide no clues to the problem your child may be hospitalized for extensive blood tests and an internal abdominal examination.
- EFFECTIVENESS OF JUICE FASTING
- FOOD SELECTION: CONSUMER CHALLENGES
- CHILD’S HEALTH/SKIN DISORDERS: PSORIASIS TREATMENT
- CARING FOR YOUR BABY: WARMTH AND CLOTHING
- YOUR MARITAL HEALTH/GETTING FIXED UP SEXUALLY: THE SINGLE SIG
- THE SEX PHASES OF COURTSHIP / RECEPTIVE PHASE: THE RECEPTION
- SHINGLES – DESCRIPTION
- DIABETES – AUTO-IMMUNE DISORDER
- HIP DISLOCATION
- VITAMIN B6 AND BIRTH DEFECTS
- Anti Depressants-Sleeping Aid
- Cardio & Blood-Cholesterol
- General health
- Healthy bones Osteoporosis Rheumatic
- Men's Health-Erectile Dysfunction
- Pain Relief-Muscle Relaxers
- Women's Health