MANAGING THE MENOPAUSE WITHOUT HRT: VAGINAL DRYNESS
Traditional non-hormonal treatments for vaginal dryness are lubricants such as K-Y Jelly, or a newer product called Replens. These help the symptoms, but do not tackle the underlying cause. Initial penetration will be easier, but prolonged intercourse may be difficult or even impossible as the effect of the lubricant wears off.
Sexual intercourse in the woman-on-top position gives her more control over penetration and how far the penis is inserted, and can make sex more comfortable. It’s worth trying different positions, as women who continue to have sex have fewer signs of vaginal ageing than women who don’t. Masturbation, too, helps keep the vagina moist and the muscles in good working order. Bear in mind, too, mat both men and women take longer to become aroused as they get older. He will take longer to achieve an erection; you will take longer to produce enough mucus. Foreplay may have to go on for longer than it used to, so don’t be in a hurry. Take time to reach the state of arousal mat will ensure pleasure for both of you.
Sexual feelings, and the production of mucus from die cervix, are greatly affected by how we feel. If you are tense, stressed, depressed or have drunk too much alcohol, don’t be surprised if your vagina stays dry. Some medications can alter the sex drive and can affect vaginal dryness – your doctor will be able to advise you about this. Taking more exercise may also help.
- FURTHER INVESTIGATION AND TREATMENT
- THE OTHER SIDE OF SLEEP: NIGHTMARE TRIGGERS
- THE MANIC SAVIOR: CHANGE
- DISEASES DANGEROUS TO PREGNANCY
- NOT A CURE FOR SEXUAL PROBLEMS – INSTANCE
- SICKNESS IN INFANTS AND CHILDREN: WORMS
- BACKACHE WITH WEAKNESS: DESCRIPTION AND POSSIBLE MEDICAL PROBLEMS
- PROSTATE CANCER: TESTOSTERONE AND DIET
- BREAST CANCER: WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT DO YOU NEED?
- PATTERNED OFFENDERS: MASTURBATION
- Anti Depressants-Sleeping Aid
- Cardio & Blood-Cholesterol
- General health
- Healthy bones Osteoporosis Rheumatic
- Men's Health-Erectile Dysfunction
- Pain Relief-Muscle Relaxers
- Women's Health